I am wanting to keep all my current and future patients informed and updated on how my practice is responding to the COVID 19 pandemic.
Firstly I want to reassure patients that we are open and will continue to provide ongoing specialist care in Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Fertility and Surgery. We are doing all we can to remain well and to provide a safe environment to also keep you well.
Please stay at home whenever possible, practice good hygiene and social distancing to reduce your risk of exposure.
Things I am doing to help keep us all safe:
- We are keeping the rooms as clean as possible, regularly wiping down surfaces
- We are spacing appointments to try and keep our waiting room empty
- We are doing as many appointments via phone or videoconference as possible
- A lot can be achieved by doing this and if we need to meet in person this can be arranged at a future date
- This can also include obstetric patients
Things you can do to help keep us all safe:
- Clean your hands with hand sanitiser provided when coming into the office
- If your problem is not urgent please reschedule, we can deal with things later
- Urgent issues should still be addressed
- Come alone
- I acknowledge it can be difficult to see a specialist without a support person and as much as I would like meet the important people in your life, in the current environment this is not such a good idea
- I would be happy to call your support person after we have met (with your permission) and ensure everyone is up to date
- I am non-threatening and will listen to you, I will give you time to ask questions, be confident that you will be cared for and respected
- Don’t come to your appointment too early
- I will try to run on time and plan to let you know in advance if I am running late but I am rarely running ahead of time
Please also refer to following website for further specific information on COVID 19 from an Obstetrics and Gynaecology perspective:
Please look after yourself, seek help and reach out when you need to. Be kind and generous to everyone you can help.