Our phones have been ringing non-stop and our email has been flooded with enquiries about the effects of COVID-19 on your unborn babies and yourselves. We want to reassure you all that our practice is open to see you, we are available to take your calls and emails with any concerns you may have. We understand that the current conditions are causing stress on many of you and just want to make sure you know that we are here for you.
Our office hours haven’t changed. Feel free to give us a call about any concerns you may have and we will do our absolute best to assist. If you have concerns out of business hours, many of you have Kelvin’s personal Mobile number. If you don’t have his mobile number, call the office and we will provide his details to you.
In regards to your questions and concerns on the effect of COVID-19 on pregnant women, there is currently no known clinical evidence of any transmission of the virus from a pregnant woman to their unborn baby. If you still have some concerns don’t hesitate to ask.
The best advice we can give is to follow the Government Guidelines.
Good hygiene includes:
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue.
- Disposing of tissues properly.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet.
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- If you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people.
- Cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets.
For the latest advice from RANZCOG (Royal Australian & NZ College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists) please see the link below: